Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Words Describe "Jack-Time?"

Snapshots of today: 1) Anne is kneeling on the floor while Jack has tummy time "Oh, Jack, you are so smart....you turned your head; you listened to the music...you enjoyed your tummy time...I am so proud of you!" 2) Jeff is walking Jack around the house giving him a tour with narrative. "Jack, this is the dining room which is now your playroom, your Mommy's music room, and a gathering place for all your things....this is the kitchen where Gram is making supper....say hello to Gram!" 3) Jeff and Anne discussing his progress between themselves, "I think he is going to start scooting soon - he is moving his legs well." Jack is 3 weeks old! :)

I wonder if the Godhead discusses us in the same way. Perhaps the great cloud of witnesses stands around cheering us as we move our legs and strengthen our necks. I imagine we are loved just as Jack is.

Guess what ---- Jeff and Anne are NOT addicted to Fox news.....I went wrong somewhere. One of my friends (another non-Foxer) suggested that this road trip is about transitioning. I think it may be about de-toxing......or maybe de-foxing. NAH!

Fun day ----families are the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babies are great and what a treat for you. Enjoy every second of it as I know you will.

Not watch Fox News? That would be like never having dessert for me.

Brenda A. Smith said...

Trust me ---I am still a dyed-in-the-wool Foxer.