Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ring Around the Ringling


Alright, it is nearly 11:30 PM - I have driven for 11 hours today and yet I have accomplished something wonderful -----I figured out how to put a photo in this blog. I can sleep a happy woman tonight.
Well, back to the subject at hand. After lunch, I stopped by the Ringling Museum because my friend Victoria suggested I do so. And, happily, it was on highway 41. The purist in me rejoiced.
Well, it was a rich experience and I barely scratched the surface. The Ringlings traveled the world in their lifetime of love and circuses. The 66 acre estate in downtown Sarasota houses their magnificent art collection. Two buildings feature circus exhibits. At the end, sitting directly on the Sarasota Bay is their mansion. This is the a photo of the view down the promenade leading up to the front door.
Alright, now that I figured out the photo once - let's see if I can do it again. I may try to backtrack, so read the entries quickly before I mistakenly delete them.

2 comments:

Carol Childress said...

Brenda...

The Wall Street Journal today has a great article about the railroad cars of the Ringling Bros.

Look forward to when you are back and hearing the "rest of all the stories."

Safe travels.

Carol

Heather said...

Love the pictures! Great job.