Friday, May 22, 2009

Greeting passer

Before leaving Jacksonville, I met with Dr. Mac Brunson who is pastor of First Baptist. He was pastor at FBC in Dallas just prior to this position. He was an author in the Breakfast With Fred book. Have I told you about my "autograph book" project? I realized I was going to see several of the authors in the book on this trip, so I decided to take one copy and have them sign it. I will probably get about 5 signatures as I go this time. Sadly, the idea came after Dad and Charlie "Tremendous" Jones went on to heaven, but they left their mark!
When you think of the perfect house is there a feature on the "must have" list? I actually have two: a secret room and a library. Dr. Brunson has captured one of those (and who knows, he may have a secret room. Bill Glass of Champions for Life does in his office!). He invited me into his office and then into his library. Floor to ceiling bookcases with books all organized and even labeled with their Dewey Decimal Codes. Do they still use those? An antique reading desk in the middle of the voluminous room served as a perfect work space.
"Here are my Fred books, he said pointing to a row." Fun.
As we talked, I brought greetings from Ed Yates in Dallas, Michael Allen in Charleston, caught him up on several other friends, and then he prayed for my journey. The Fellowship of Believers Tour rolls on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see that library - they are my favorite rooms. I love books. I so enjoy your writing. Be careful Judy