Friday, May 15, 2009

God - The Tree Guy


In Dallas, one of the arborists advertises his services as "The Tree Guy." He may know trees, but he didn't create a single one. There is really only one ultimate Tree Guy --- and HE does magnificent work.
Day Seven led me through East Tennessee to a connection with US 321 in Elizabethton. A quick clue for you --- if you are ever in this town, do NOT say, "E-LIZ-a-beth-ton" if you want any respect at all. It is E-liz-a-BETH-ton. Go figure.
Once I finally found the road after 90 minutes of wandering from Johnson City to Elizabethton, back to Johnson City, and then returning to Elizabethton ----if the Cruiser could have slapped me, I would have been black and blue. WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Alright, so I got a little lost. My friend, Chris, loves these towns ---- guess I was just doing paying homage for her.
ANYWAY, I started the climb on this magnificent two lane highway which led past Lake Watauga and into the description defying pine trees. You do GOOD WORK, Lord. Miles and miles of mountain roads, lakes, streams, and green trees. It doesn't get much better than this.
My son, Jeff, thinks Christians of all people should be known for their love and protection of our beautiful earth. Hugging a tree now and again may be a proper way to say thank you ---- not because the tree is my brother, but because my heavenly Father touched this world with such glory.

No comments: