Saturday, May 23, 2009

Eye of the Storm

"If you don't have to drive, stay in. The storm is over Orlando with heavy rains and lightning. Don't drive if you don't have to." The message came across the radio, momentarily blocking my right-wing conservative talk show rant. Currently, I was driving 5 miles an hour through the heart of the city.....HMMMMM, yes the city of Orlando. The traffic was backed up, the sky was brilliant with lightning, and the Cruiser truly thought it should sprout water wings. But, God is good. I made it to the home of Chris and Mark Miller with nary a bump, or bruise. And, as I pulled off the Florida Turnpike, the strangest thing happened.....I squinted. This bright yellowness was coming through the windshield. Oh, yes, that is the sun.
One great bonus.....somewhere around Palm Beach the most extravagant artwork graced the sky...a perfect, yes, perfect rainbow covered the clouds....then another arc appeared...TWO RAINBOWS. I know when we see a rainbow we can think of God's promise, but a double one? Guess this would be the Verily, VERILY!

No comments: