Friday, May 22, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow

You may have noticed ---- Florida is experiencing the heaviest, most consistent rain since one of their newsmaking tropical depressions. As I left Jacksonville yesterday, everyone warned me about the impending doom ahead.
I ran into and out of showers, but actually saw evidences of sunshine. Amazing.
The instructions to my friend Robin's house were pretty straightforward, but somehow I missed a turn. However, I am getting adept at the turning around move. To be honest, I was distracted by a large man with flowing gray hair and no shirt standing behind a car (try to get the picture) which covered his lower half. He was standing directly across from my turn, so my curiosity cost me a few blocks of uncertainty. Apparently, he fancies himself to be a witch. No, I didn't stop to "do a Charlie."
I wish you could walk into this sanctuary Robin, Victoria, and Victoria's son call home. It is literally nestled at the end of a cul de sac, plucked out of an iffy neighborhood into its own world. The art, the furnishings, the color, the flow ----I couldn't stop looking, asking, and absorbing. They have been redoing the house for 9 years. It was simply a disheveled shell when they bought it and they have lovingly brought this cottage masterpiece to life. Is this an HGTV dream or what?
In the guest room/study, I started to lay down to sleep (after midnight) when my eye caught two photos on the bookshelf.....Dad and Robin in their last visit shortly before his death. Kinda cool!

No comments: