Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Eats


Breakfast on the morning terrace with Marianne and Jack; lunch with high school friend, Gary, in Sarasota; dinner at Brookfield, Fl.'s Coney Island Drive In - quite a good day.
Songs seemed to come to mind today. As I drove, the Cruiser quite enjoyed hearing "Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold."
Marianne, Jack, and I share a decade old kinship. My high school buddy and I go back decades and decades (NO, I am not going to tell you how many...).
As we ate beside the azure Sarasota Bay, enjoying a spectacular seafood salad, fruit and cranberry bread, we talked about grown kids, grandkids, and our excitement in this period of life. "I don't remember getting older - when did they?" ran through my mind. The famous line from Fiddler on the Roof seemed to perfectly fit our lunch.
A funny little phrase ran through my mind - "get older and bolder, not older and colder." My friends Marianne, Jack, and Gary are living bold....fun to share in their eagerness.
In case you wondered about dinner... it was delish! I had a hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard.....yummy. If you are ever in Brookfield, FL, make a point to satisfy your hot dog hunger at Coney Island (Serving the fine folks since 1960).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! new color and photos!! You are one cool lady. Although, I found the pink quite nice. What a wonderful time you are having, makes me want to take to the road myself! Judy

Anonymous said...

Judy, this has been such fun. Tomorrow I finish US 41. Then, I will spend the weekend with Jeff, Anne, and JACK!