Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two score and two

Do you have a great Facebook story? Somebody is going to publish a bestseller collection of them. I have one!
Over forty years ago, Candy Schulz and I were friends at Ohio State. We were active in Campus Crusade for Christ (along with our future spouses). Over the years I often wondered about her, but knew no way to connect....until FB!
In a strange chain of events, we "friended" each other and started talking. Of course you can guess she lives in a city right on my road trip route. So, yesterday afternoon, I pulled into Raleigh, NC, found her apartment (without getting lost), and jumped into a great conversation that ended at midnight only because my eyes started drooping.
What a great time we had! As we talked about what the Lord is doing, it became clear to me the theme of this road trip is "Fellowship of Believers." I am on a journey to see the faithfulness of our Lord in the lives of friends and family.

No comments: