Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Tour Rolls On


Never did I imagine these three weeks would be filled with so many opportunities to see what God is doing in the lives of friends, old and new. Yesterday began with breakfast (which turned into lunch) with my friend, Joe. He and I worked for the same company back in the '90s. His work has taken their family to Asia and back. "People kept telling us the country had changed while we were gone, but actually I think we changed more. We are global thinkers." Having spent almost no time outside the US, I find it hard to "think globally." As we talked, I thought about the old hymn, "In Christ there is no East, no West.....in Him no South, no North." Well, as a transplanted mid-westerner I know there is still a bit of a North/South thing going on, but for the most part, the walls do break down, don't they? The truth of Jesus defies language, culture, and political systems. Nothing can hold it back. Hoorah!
Joe spent 8 weeks in Houston for medical care. As he went, he asked the Lord to put people in front of him who needed Jesus. His stories of sharing the gospel "as he went" encouraged my heart. What is in front of me? Where on US 41 is there a word I can speak for Jesus?
The Fellowship of Believers Tour rolls on even as I traverse 41....I like that.

No comments: