Friday, May 15, 2009

Paneras and Postings

I am not a coffee drinker. But, I love good bread and free wifi. THEREFORE, Panera's has become my mobile office. An asiago cheese roast beef sandwich will put me in a work mode anytime. And, it is a whole lot better for me than a Big Mac.
Mid-afternoon I pulled into Winston-Salem without getting lost! YAY for me. I headed to the Hurd House and excitedly greeted three little ones, one big one(Meredith). Brian is on a men's retreat, so Meredith is "herding the Hurds."
"Mom, we are on a very specialized diet. You might want to run out and get yourself something to eat." "Where is the closest Panera's?" Imagine my relief as she drew me a map to one within ten minutes of their house. Ah, home again, home again, jiggity jig.
Meredith and the boys are at Colby's soccer practice. I am here catching up with you all and chomping away. Let's see --- special diet probably doesn't have hold much hope for breakfast. No worry --- I will stash some Panera's pastry in my purse and be good to go.
As soon as they return home, we are going to take the boys to the Greek Festival near their house. As it turns out, almost EVERYTHING is close to their house. What fun!
Tomorrow is soccer, crafts day (we hit WalMart and bought supplies this afternoon), and hopefully a nap for Gram.
It is good to see them. They are a wonderful family. I am most blessed.
This Road Trip has a great deal of opportunities to feed my soul by seeing friends and family --- "Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow."

No comments: