Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Keys in the City

Among Dad's possessions were several plaques supporting "keys to the city" presented him by mayors and organizations. Yesterday, in Greensboro I did a reverse --- I left my keys in the city. After a wonderful visit with friends Seth and Hazel Macon, I happily walked to the Cruiser. HMMMMM, I know I have keys in here somewhere. But where? The first thing I did was play the denial game...then, I started walking around like I was circling Mount Sinai. Ooh, what are those shiny objects in the back of the Cruiser? MY KEYS! A call to AAA, a wait in the lovely Greensboro sunshine, a visit with Joe the mobile locksmith ----and yes, a very awkward climb over my suitcase and into the back of the Cruiser (without the keys the automatic lock wouldn't work....) rescued my trip.
And just when I thought this trip was pretty plain vanilla...a tasty little experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brenda, how I can relate to locking your keys in your car. So grateful for AAA.

I look forward to reading your blog every night. It is such a nice way to end the day. You are very blessed. And you pass it on. Judy

Anonymous said...

Judy, AAA is high on my "must have" list.
Thanks for riding along with me.