Monday, May 25, 2009

People of 41


When I make the final mile of this astounding journey, I will think back on a trip that took 2 years to complete. I will consider the diversity of landscape from Lake Superior to the Atlantic Ocean. Most of all, I will remember the people that live and work on US 41. Yesterday, I added another face to the album --- Clyde Butcher,an internationally acclaimed photographer whose Big Cypress Gallery occupies a lovely space on the Tamiami Trail. His flowing beard, his ample girth, and the love of his art are pieces of the Clyde mosaic. Google him. See the country through his eyes. Yay for the folks of 41.
One quick note: just down the road from Clyde is the smallest post office in the United States....I kid you not. It is a shed! So, if anyone ever asks - you have the answer: Ochopee, Florida.

No comments: