Saturday, May 16, 2009

Smiles, soccer, and souvlaka

What a day this has been. Early this morning we attacked the second phase of the art project. What a good time with the Hurd boys. We have one or two more stages and then we can declare them "museum quality."
"Today is your last game....go out there and have fun, but remember winning is fun, too." As I overheard the coach's motivational speech, I laughed to myself. Isn't that true of life? We are told to play it for fun while knowing that winning is the ultimate fun. Or is it? Just something to think about.
"I'm glad I'm not Greek because I would have to wear girly clothes." Colby's comment as the children's dancers paraded past made me laugh out loud. Traditional costumes were totally lost on his macho sensibilities.
Time to work on the art projects again. Catch up with you all later. Road Trips are definitely the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I enjoy keeping up with you on your journey. You are an inspiration to all women who think they can't take a road trip without a man. Thanks for letting us be a part of this trip. God Bless you and take care. Judy