Saturday, October 6, 2007

Weary Women Rule The World

I have a great story to tell you, but it will have to wait until tomorrow ---- this weary road warrior is bushed.

Let me leave you with two catch-ups from yesterday......Jesse James robbed a bank in Baxter Springs, KS. And probably my favorite quote from the day in Arkansas. When I asked the visitor center employee how far it was to Joplin, MO, she replied that she didn't know but it was 40 miles to the border of MO and AR. " Of course, if you get behind a chicken truck in Decatur, it is a lot longer." I now know Yogi Berra has relatives in Arkansas.

Sleeping in Des Moines tonight.

Bless.

3 comments:

Marlisa said...

My favorite New Testament story is Peter walking on the water. While the other eleven disciples remained in the familiarity of the boat, (if not the safety during the storm,) Peter plunged in and answered the call. As John Ortberg says, IF YOU WANT TO WALK ON WATER, YOU GOT TO GET OUT OF THE BOAT. And what does that have to do with weary women and their journeys? Water walking risk taking is not limited to storms on the sea. We can answer the call to leave the life of boat potatoes - even in a blue cruiser! May the promise of walking on water guide your day!

Anonymous said...

Too much fun! i am so jealous... you go GIRL!!!! Shed that SJ junk in the trunk while you are at it.
lynda

Anonymous said...

I hope this works this time. Your day sounded wonderful. What a wonderful spirit of curiosity you have. I hope you are journaling some - at least I would have to just to remember all the tiny treasures along the way.
Love you,
Lana