Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tennessee Dreaming

The trip from Barkley Lodge to Nashville transported me from days ago to years ahead.

Waiting for me in Nashville were Anne Goldsmith and Jeff Horch. In fact, they greeted me with a red rose and warm hugs.

Jeff is my son....Anne is his fiance.

My brother admonished me to stay on the trip until pulling into Dallas...."you may be on the way home, but keep the sense of adventure all the way." Knowing Jeff and Anne were on this leg kept me totally in the game....this was not just a stop on the way home....this was very special.

Hannah thanked the Lord for the gift of the son --- a child for whom she had prayed long years. I give thanks for Anne, a woman for whom I have prayed for years and years (even though I didn't know her name was Anne.) She will be Jeff's wife in less than a month. They are both blessed.

Friday night we went to 559 CoffeeHouse at the church. It is located in a building, constructed like a barn. They give musicians a stage and 9 minutes to perform. The Nashville sound filled the room. The last group featured two musicians who will be performing at Jeff and Anne's wedding. Judging by some of the young musicians, angst is alive and well in Christian country music!

I didn't have any idea how special the stop in Nashville would be. God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom,

It was great having you here in Music City USA. We had a great time. I hope the rest of your trip is filled with many adventures!

Keep rollin' in the Cruiser!

-Jeff