Monday, October 15, 2007

Lighthouses Are Near Water

Lighthouses are near Water!
“I am going to stay in a converted lighthouse right on Lake Superior,” I told everyone with great anticipation. “Right on” has a new meaning for me. It is truly a “duh” moment, for I should have known lighthouses are not near, not adjacent, not fashionably close ----- but RIGHT ON! That means when the wind pushes you toward the front door it attempts to give you a taste of sea life. (Written as a note to myself last week, but thought you would enjoy!)

I got back safely to the Inn and into a suddenly warm and happy place. Seated around the parlor were 14 other guests. We ran through the “my name is so and so ---- I’m from such and such-----and this is how I found out about the Inn.” Of course, I was the only single person among 7 married couples. “You are traveling all by yourself? You came ALL THE WAY from Texas?”
After serving a scrumptous dessert, Mary began her story of their love for the lighthouse. Even though she has told the story hundreds of time, she enters into the drama as if it were the first time. Merry Mary lives up to her name with a great flourish.
The post-dessert concert featured Mary and her 105 year old piano. The anxiety evaporated as I sat down next to Nancy. Her obvious faith in Jesus calmed my fears and let me know this greatly anticipated stop was a good choice.
More ---- much more later.
Oh, check out Bill and Mary at www.sandhillslighthouseinn.com (and I thought breakfastwithfred.com was a bunch of letters!)

No comments: