Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Again

It was dark as I turned into the drive of 1510 West Holly Trail, but the porch light seemed to say, “I’ve been waiting for you….good to have you home.”
The Cruiser rolled in the garage with confidence and the sense of a job well done. I couldn’t ask for a better traveling companion.
I began here on October 4th and stopped to complete the circle before heading to Dallas.
Mom used to go away on trips with Dad and invariably walk in their front door, sigh, smile, and say, “There is NO place like home.”
My heart filled with the realization of God’s abundant grace, as I walked in the back door of my most loved house. It pleased Him to give me a lifetime traveling experience. And, it pleased Him to give me this precious log home.
I was off the road (at least until morning when I head to Dallas) but the road will never leave my heart. The memories will fade, but the impact will be permanent.
There will be two more entries, but I want to thank you for being with me as I rode along miles and miles of highway. I think when I pull in the drive at Parkchester, I will have clocked nearly 4000 miles. WOW! Restoration, reflection, refreshing, rejoicing, reminiscing, remembering, repair ----- all those elements combine to give me a joyful way to close the caregiving chapter and look expectantly to what the Lord has prepared for me.
Give thanks unto the Lord for His faithfulness and His loyal love.

No comments: