Monday, October 15, 2007

Road to the Lighthouse

It has been a long time since I have had a way to get online, it is good to have you riding along. The Cruiser and I missed you!
I promised you a story about Mary and Bill. How in the world can I begin such a rich chapter of the journey? I guess at the beginning…
The leafy and luxuriant trip to Ahmeek, MI reminded me what good work our God does! Is there anything more beautiful than fall leaves? Even the cold and rain couldn’t discourage me.
I turned down the road leading to Five Mile Point and made my way mile after mile toward Lake Superior. At one point it looked like the road was heading straight into the swirling waves of this massive Great Lake.
Pulling into the driveway , the wind caught me and I honestly worried about landing in the stormy deeps.
Merry Mary welcomed me, followed closely by Bill who brings Roy Orbison to mind.
Realizing the cell phone and the computer were useless, I experienced an emotional slump.
I found the only hotspot on the Peninsula and sat for 3 hours, clinging to email connections, and hoping the Lighthouse would turn into a Marriott!
The darkness slipped up on me, so I hurried out to the Cruiser and started down the 8 miles of rainy road. The Lake was still there and I was nearly late for dessert and entertainment…..more on that later.

No comments: