Monday, January 4, 2010

Great Day


On New Year's Eve I made a list of must do items. I even tried to trick myself by calling them my "get to do" list, emphasizing the importance of gratitude for 2010. But, you know what ---it still felt like a bunch of stuff I failed to do in the last few weeks.
When I was young, I loved to read. I took books from the library, read them quickly, and then somehow failed to return them....they found a home under my bed. Don't ask me why, but I just didn't get the "complete the loop" gene. Well, one day the library sent an enforcer to my house and demanded I cough up all the books hidden away.

After that, I created my "under the bed" frame of mind. When things stayed on my to-do list long enough, they proudly took their place in this hall of shame.

Today I pulled out a vast number of dusty, cob-web covered items AND DID SOMETHING ABOUT THEM!

I wish I could literally lose all the weight I feel has rolled off my shoulders.

I still have two big items to go, but the pesky ones that create ulcer-like conditions in my stomach are checked off.

YAY!

No comments: