Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Week

How do you take a picture of a good week? Just couldn't, so this one is without illustration.

"I want you to be safe, happy, and to do the work God has given you to do." Those were probably the last real words my Mom spoke to me before her death. This week I felt like I was doing the work God called me to do and boy, does that feed my soul.

My ladies at CC Young teach me weekly about aging with grace.....and laughter. Barbara Still is anything but still --- she is a firecracker who loves to tease. WOW! What an inspiration.

Reading to Jack Kinder this week was a particular joy. He seemed to be speaking to me even in his wordless condition. If I ever started to understand the concept of telepathic communication in heaven, it was Wednesday afternoon. No, we didn't really talk, but my spirit could feel the "amen" in his.

Thursday was filled with visits to friends with physical, emotional, and spiritual struggles. Their lives testify to the power of the risen Christ. This life is hard and only the hand of the Lord can securely carry us through.

On Friday I put on my "meeting" hat and attended the Ziglar, Inc. Advisory Board meeting. Sitting in a room with people who can teach much about problem-solving and thinking gets my juices going. The time that afternoon at Dallas Baptist University almost brought me to tears......THIS is truly the work God has given me to do. How thankful I am for it.

What is the work for today? Attending church, singing in the choir, watching football, and of course ---- taking a nap! But, it is more than that---- it is reflecting on the words of those who love me and understanding I am but one link in the chain. Leaning on those everlasting arms is not bad exercise!

No comments: