Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mosaic Moments




"Something beautiful, something good. All my confusion, He understood. All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, But He made something beautiful of my life." (Bill and Gloria Gaither)
As I packed, a large plastic tub of broken glass pieces appeared. "Brenda, throw that stuff away." How could I? There was a craft project in there somewhere. And sure enough ---- these broken shards have transformed the tops of two discount store tables...and created something very beautiful.
This analogy I don't have to belabor, do I? We have all been a tub of tragedy at some time. We could have all been on the trash heap. But someone in our lives and Someone in our lives saw beauty and spent the time saying, "I believe in you...there is greatness in you." How thankful I am for those people in my life and for the Lord Jesus Christ whose broken body made a way for my salvation.
I will enjoy these tables on my East Texas deck, thinking about the fun I had in my mosaic moments, and reveling in the reflection of these glass pieces. Way cool!

No comments: