Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Imagination


Question: When are chains to install the porch swing dramatic accessories?

Answer: When an 11 year old grandson hangs them around his neck, strikes a frightening pose, and clanks through the house!


I have five grandsons (age 11 to 2 months) and one granddaughter (age 8). Andrew, Colby, Caden, Colin and Bree Anna are all creative, active, and participative (I needed another "tive" word). Jack, at two months, is working on his "tiveness," and promises great spunk.


The Westminster Confession says the chief end of man is to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever." I am really working on that enjoying part. Grandchildren model pure enthusiasm and exuberance. I hope the Lord sees me like that when He checks on his piney woods child.


Li'l Red (the new golf cart) had an experience the other day ---- she and Andrew went out for a spin. When he came back in the house, he nearly bounced off the walls. "Andrew, settle down." "Gram, my adrenalin is running because I had such a good time driving the golf cart."


Later on, I went for a ride with him. He proudly showed how he could use good judgment, take careful turns, and ease off the accelerator. At the end of the road he stopped and asked, "Am I worthy to drive the cart now?"


WOW! That sent my mind spinning in all directions. I would like to think Jesus is riding in my life's golf cart and blesses my driving. Ultimately, I am thankful for this life because He is worthy! Good stuff learned from grandkids.

No comments: