Monday, June 1, 2009

Miles of Smiles




"You drive for awhile and I will nag you, then I will drive for awhile and you can nag me." The very old couple standing at the Arkansas Welcome Center tickled my funny bone. I guess that was their system for staying awake. I decided to hit the road before they did.....


The drive from Nashville to the log house was a time for reflection. I clocked over 4000 miles in 25 days. I completely drove either North to South, or East to West through Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Arkansas, as well as North Central/East Texas. I saw many friends, made some new ones, and told lots of people about http://www.breakfastwithfred.com/


I was able to get signatures in my traveling copy of Breakfast With Fred. Someday, I will have it autographed by all but two of the authors: Charlie "Tremendous" Jones, and Dad.....both are thoroughly enjoying their heavenly endeavors.


The Cruiser has been a faithful friend and companion. David Hasselhoff isn't the only one who talks to his car. Now, I don't think the Cruiser talks back! That would be a sure sign of road weariness, wouldn't it?




No comments: