Saturday, June 26, 2010

Then Sings My Soul

Since the server seems to be okay with words and just throws a fit when I try to download images, I will share a few more thoughts. But, I want to save some of the stories so you can see the faces.
On Tuesday I drove from Cincinnati to Akron taking all back roads and stopping wherever and whenever. I stopped to visit with Dick the Amish buggy maker ,and pullled into the driveway of a young woman pushing a rotary lawn mower to ask if I could snap a pic of her clotheslines. Up and down the hills of Ohio, the Cruiser and I just exulted in the beauty of the Midwest. I am certainly happy to be a Texan, but when you are raised in the Buckeye State, your heart never loses its affinity for that magnificent landscape.
As I arrived in Akron, I was greeted lavishly by Ron and Lily Glosser ---- two of God's precious ones. "We got the piano tuned just for you." After a delightful dinner, Ron ushered me to the piano, opening up vocal music he wanted to sing. What joy! He sang love songs to his soulmate while I accompanied him. Much, much fun!
Before leaving the next morning, he said, "Let's just do a few more before you go." Those are the deposits in the memory bank that make my account and heart swell. Seeing the two of them hugging warmly and waving to me made my heart sing. I experienced God's love, protection, excitement, and provision ----- all through Ron and Lily.

No comments: