Monday, June 28, 2010

Respite on the Road



I stopped in London, Ontario to visit my friends Dale and Kathleen Henderson, staying in their beautiful home. "Please enjoy the pool ---the water is just perfect." Kathleen's words really sold me. Well, guess what! When it is 73 degrees outside in the bright sunshine, the water is COLD.....BRRRRRR But, I talked myself into swimming some laps and thoroughly enjoying it - even with blue lips.

I walked along their country road, praying for my family and friends way back in Texas.
It was an ideal way to step off the 401 and be still for two days.
The Lord's timing is always impeccable.
I will write later about the total meltdown as I crossed the border and realized my cell phone didn't work, I had no Canadian money, and the first place I stopped had a sign: "No US Visa cards accepted." Later on that. Right now I just want to be most thankful to Dale and Kathleen for providing a safe, satisfying, and sanctifying place for a break.

No comments: