Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Miller Time







How do you start a conversation with someone who haven't seen in 42 years? With surprising ease when it is Bob and Debbie Miller. They graciously hosted me in their beautiful home, nestled in tall Ohio trees, surrounded by lush plantings, three goats, three chickens, three dogs, and two cats. I think I did the Noah's Ark count correctly!



Dad used to tell me shallow people talked about other people, middle of the roaders talked about things, and serious thinkers talked about ideas. Actually, I find you can include all three as long as it is moving from one level to another.



Being out of high school nearly 50 years is absolutely, totally unfathomable for me. Thankfully, Bob is one year older. It reminds me of the old story about the two guys in the woods who happen upon a bear. "How are we going to out run the bear?" one asks. The other blithely responds, "I don't have to ---- I just have to out run you!" Bob is the buffer between that 50 year reunion and me. As long as he stays a year ahead - I am protected!



I left their house refreshed, peaceful, and enormously blessed.



Don't you love it when "friends of your youth" end up with good marriages, productive children, and a life that truly matters? I drove out thanking the Lord for them. I think we may not wait another 42 years for the next good evening of conversation.



These pics cannot possibly do their home justice, but wanted you to have a glimpse of their home, the Woodlands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda. I am just now getting caught up with you and your trip. What an inspiration you are! You are truly blessed with many good friends and the ability and courage to make this trip. Please stay safe and know I am asking God to watch over you every mile of the trip. Miss you. Judy.