Monday, June 28, 2010

The Real Thing

As I left on June 16th, I promised myself no Coke would touch my lips on this trip. For those who know me as the Coke-aholic, you know what a remarkable idea that was. I was struggling, but surviving. Then out of nowhere loomed a Coca Cola Museum ----- how can that be fair? And not just a sign adhered to the building ---- no, siree! Here was this disembodied hand coming right at me, tempting me like the sirens of old! Can you imagine how much caffeine I could consume with that bottle? But, I pressed on! Like Lot's wife, I took a few agonizing backward glances in my rear view mirror until the bottle disappeared.....
And I am proud to say I am on day 13 and no Coke has poured down my gullet. But, as my Mom always told me, "Pride goeth before a fall."
So, I am doing this minute by minute.

No comments: