Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moving On

My friend, Bette Smyth, tells me her studies prove the human body wasn't designed for inactivity. "We are created to move."
Jack is taking advantage of his God-given programming for he moves constantly. Anne and I had a busy day entertaining him in various venues --- and being entertained by him. He is so intrigued by everything in life and points them out nonstop. Oh, to be constantly learning like he is. Oh, to be so vitally involved in the movement of birds, the color of flowers, and the faces of friendly people. How much I miss when I sit down and stop moving!
When Bette mentioned how important movement is to our human frame, this verse crossed my mind..."In Him we live and move and have our being." Interesting choice of words, isn't it? Perhaps we were meant to be constantly experiencing life in Christ --- not sitting on the sidelines or lumped on the couch in a potato-like state.
I promise to have more photos tomorrow, but I am away from my laptop and thought even a pic-less entry was better than none.
I am praying we "get a move on" and live for Christ with the total abandon of Jack.

No comments: