Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Value of Friendship


On my itinerary June 1st says "Meeting with Harold Myra." That brief line couldn't possibly express the time with them. Yes, I was privileged to listen to him gracefully, yet pointedly, offer counsel about the direction and future of BWF. Whenever I sit down with him, I gratefully drink in his experience and leadership gifts.
But, time with the Myras is literally that ---- time with both Harold and Jeanette. Their partnership strengthens me, encourages me, and gives me many opportunities to laugh. They are just fun!
You can see by the pic I will never have a second career as a portrait photographer. Sorry to the Myras, but I wanted you to have some visual clue about these people who mean so much to me.
Behind them is a commissioned piece depicting one of their favorite places, Door County, WI. "We told him what color we wanted the water and the sand." Wonder if God had a hue chart as He masterfully moved His finger to color our world?
Harold was a favorite of my Dad's for decades. Dad used to ask people, "Who first said 'I believe in you?' " I am sure many built into Harold's life,, but Dad certainly let him know of his belief and trust.
Time in Wheaton was mentally and ministerially challenging. Time in Wheaton was spiritually strengthening. Thanks to the Myras for June 1st.

No comments: