Friday, July 9, 2010

Door of Opportunity






Door County, WI ----a little bit of heaven on earth.
Forty paces from Roberta's back porch to the water's edge --- and then total privacy. It is hard to believe this very lake flows around major cities, three states, and roads of every sort. People, people, people surround Lake Michigan, but not at Roberta's house in Door County. This stretch is private, personal, and unspeakably gorgeous.
A friend made an apt comment...."Just think what the new heavens and earth will be when the beauty of this earth is so great." Hard to imagine anything more spectacular. I did my own share of praising Jesus as I walked along the shore, up and down the woody paths.
I am so grateful for my friend's generosity - and her gift of respite from the road.
God does good work, doesn't He? And His people kindly share the bounty of the beauty.

No comments: