Friday, July 9, 2010

Too Beautiful To Capture

Ironically, there is no pic to this post. And, it is all about extraordinary vistas and landscapes. I left Green Bay, waving goodbye to Roberta, heading toward home. Driving through Madison, WI, I lifted my hands in prayer and asked the Lord to send revival to this town which so celebrates liberal thinking. I may not be watching Fox, but my heart still beats with a definite conservative cadence! That city is exceedingly pleasing to the eye.
But then I crossed Old Man River and entered Iowa. The broad expanses of hills, fields, and trees made my heart sing. "Oh, I wish I were a painter." There was no way for my little camera to capture even the slightest hint of what my eye could see. I stopped to sing my own praise song.
A brief stop in Ankeny to visit with an old friend gave me the extra energy I needed to push toward Kansas City.
The sun was going down as I entered Des Moines. The gold cupola of the State Capitol brilliantly shone. I must admit I had a visceral response to this sight. It reminded me of the 5 winters I spent in this beautiful town, and the years before that in sales meetings for my company, Principal Financial Group (based in Des Moines).
Liberty, MO's Fairfield Inn had a room and bed all ready for me after this long day. 14 hours of traveling were exhilarating but a tad exhausting.
My eyes, my heart, my mind, and my soul were fed on this day as the trip came close to an end.

No comments: