Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Refreshed by Roberta







Expecting me in Green Bay about 4:00, my friend Roberta patiently waited for me as I struggled to break free from the bonds of Cook County, Illinois. Remember the old poem that talks about breaking the surly bonds of earth? That was me......oh, well, the emotional trauma soon vanished as I drove into her Green Bay driveway.
The Cruiser stood a little taller as it parked bravely and proudly in front of this magnificent home. It spent the next few days in the garage ---- with its own kind, though.
As I crawled into the grand bed, I felt like Eloise at the Plaza.....
I stepped into the glass room to see a place set for me. The peace and beauty of Roberta are translated into the atmosphere of her home.
The Bible talks about entertaining angels unaware.....I felt like I was very much aware of being entertained by an angel --- God's gift of rest and refreshment.

No comments: