Thursday, July 1, 2010

Niagara Falls with No Gun and No Guy!


My friend, Reagan Gasaway, checked in with me as I started out. "Girl, do you have a gun with you?" "No, God will watch over me." "Brenda, I don't think God would care at all if you had a gun with you."

Then, we talked about my itinerary. When I got to Niagara Falls, he asked if I was still going to be by myself. "Of course ---- this is a solo journey." "What fun is that? Niagara Falls with no guy?"

Immediately, I thought it sounded like a great country western theme ---- Niagara Falls with no gun and no guy.

I have done well just doing Smith without Wesson. God has watched over me with such great care.

Niagara Falls was one of the great surprises and gifts of the trip (even without a guy!)

I planned it as one of the shorter drive days to allow myself a morning in Brockville. My dear, sweet sister in the Lord, Diana Dodge shared her morning with me, so it was a good strategy.

The reservation I made at the Marriott was for the backside of the building on a AAA rate. Fine with me.

When I checked in, the gracious woman noticed I am still a gold customer with them, so she upgraded me. And upgrade me she did! I had a gorgeous room looking out at the falls (both American and Canadian) with an unobstructed view. I was just dazzled. That afternoon's rain moved out before I checked in, leaving a rainbow over the falls......it felt like a Universal Studios set.

At 9pm the colored lights over the falls came on --- I was just mesmerized. After sitting in the Jacuzzi tub with its own view of the falls, I pulled up the luxurious linens, and took in hour after hour of God's handiwork.

"Oh, Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your work in all of the earth." When we think of His voice being like that of roaring waters, Niagara gives us a hint of this powerful resonance.

I was so grateful for this quiet evening.
Oh, the pic was taken from my hotel room window!

No comments: