Thursday, July 1, 2010

Revive Our Hearts




I bet you don't know where Buchanan, MI is! That is where I spent my day yesterday. Nancy Leigh DeMoss is the host of the Revive Our Hearts radio ministry, as well as the True Woman national seminars.


The final taping for the Spring season began at 8:15 yesterday and ended at 5:15 on Wednesday. After receiving an invitation to sit in, I reconfigured my schedule. WHAT A GREAT DECISION.


Nancy taped 8 radio programs and facilitated an after-taping session with the audience of women. This road trip has been a time of hearing God's voice. You would think in the woods, I would be totally tuned in to Him, but not always so. The Cruiser has been anointed by the Lord to be His ministry vehicle for me. It takes me from place to place of divine encounters.


As Nancy moved from program to program, I felt the arms of God wrapping around me, warming my heart, and urging me to seek and serve Him with a heart of love and enthusiasm.


After such a long day, Nancy graciously invited her out of towners to share dinner at her lovely home situated on a cliff overlooking the St. Joseph river. Just one more breathtaking example of God's handiwork.


http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ is her website. She will be in Ft. Worth October 14-16 for a True Woman meeting. They are expecting over 10,000 women to participate.


I don't know if I told you, but one of the "learnings" on this trip has been a clarifying of my current mission. I believe God has been saying, "Feed My Sheep." I think he is calling me to an even more purposeful ministry of encouragement and hope. This day with Nancy increased my passion for God and His women.


Nancy and my Dad were friends....interesting to see how the influence of Godly Dads plays out.

No comments: