Friday, July 9, 2010

Ring, Ring

When I took this pic, I intended it to be the visual for a post about the sadness of entering Canada and finding my phone totally useless. The rain was a perfect background to express my tearful response ---- and my phone's, as well. I decided the Cruiser, the phone, and I are a mighty traveling trio. We are powerful until proven powerless by the bridge between Detroit and Windsor.
However, as I begin the goodbye to this road trip 2010, this represents a heart full of thankfulness. My face breaks out in a smile as I think of the hours spent talking to family and friends for 5000 miles. Of course, in Ontario I tried to respect the "no phones while driving" prohibitions. There was one slight slip as I sailed above the speed limit and happily talking away passing a sitting Ontario highway patrolman. I think he showed grace to this lone star lone traveler.
On those days of sheer exhilaration, I shared my joy with my dear ones. On days of fear and excruciating weariness, I heard words of encouragement from my dear ones. Gratefully, there were many more days of true joy.
I want to give a special "shout out" to Mr. Meek who was there each and every day, patiently listening to my play by play accounts. Thanks, friend.
And a profound thanks to all of you who emailed, posted on my FB wall, prayed, and vicariously traveled with me. I am a stronger person because I experienced the hand of God and the expression of His love through you all.
Tomorrow I will wrap up, but will have to take that last pic ----think hanging on to the Selah sign is probably most appropriate!

No comments: