Saturday, August 21, 2010

Out of the Fog


"Don't enter in fog, snow, or ice." The boilerplate warning on the Welcome to the Blue Ridge Parkway sign caught my eye, but not much more on this beautiful August Monday morning.
I cheerfully drove along the curvy road listening to blue grass music and congratulating God on his good work. Suddenly the fog descended, blocking the breathtaking views and slowing my progress to a crawl.
Where was the sun when I needed its heat to burn off this smoky haze? Well, Brenda, you ARE in the Smoky Mountains!
By Blowing Rock, the sky was blue, the mountain vistas exhilarating, and my attitude much improved.
I laughed as I thought of those times of spiritual fog when I desperately needed the Son to burn off the haze. I remembered times when I missed the opportunities for spiritual sightseeing because my vision was limited. I quickly thanked the Lord for His fresh wind that blew away those foggy times in my spirit and left me with clarity of soul. Fog driving is difficult; fog living is disastrous.

No comments: