Friday, August 13, 2010

Face to Face


The first real stop on this trip is Nashville. Have you noticed how many times the road automatically goes through Music City? Funny, but I wonder if Jeff, Anne, and Jack moved, would my itinerary change, as well? HMMMM
"Walking Jack" greeted me as I came through the door ---- but very cautiously. He kept one eye on me without losing sight of where Mom and Dad were.....none of this bait and switch stuff.

He ran through his repertoire of tricks and then settled down for an afternoon siesta.

Jeff and Anne shared a rare date night, so Jack and I celebrated the evening by making a special trip to Wal-Mart. I am so proud of his parents ----he is Wal-Mart certified at 16 months.

After that were the key times: dinner, story, and bed! Anne says Jack is now a "food factor" in her budget. She is absolutely right. He loves to eat.

During story time we cuddled on the couch, sharing many books with kinesthetic stimulation....big thick pages and finger puppet characters!

All was going smoothly until he pulled back his head, literally stared at me, then adopted a serious raincloud expression ---- just before crying. It occurred to him that this voice wasn't his Mommy's voice --- and this face very definitely wasn't his Mommy's face ------YIKES O RAMA ---- WHERE IS MOMMY?Thankfully, I was an okay substitute and we moved on to the third time - bed with great peace.

Someday there will be times in heaven ---- judgment time, shoutin' time, feasting time ---- and then NO TIME! We will look into His face and He into ours.....and there will be no crying, no tears whatsoever because this will be the face we have longed to see. We will be face to face with Jesus.

No comments: