Friday, March 5, 2010

Waiting for 8:30


March 1, 2010 had been on the calendar for nearly a year. We prayed for it, we worked toward it, and we eagerly anticipated what God had in mind. The board room was prepared for the team members ---- all in order. On this rainy day Matt Murrah and I waited for the campus clock to strike 8:30 when they would all rush in, full of vim and vigor.
We were there with a three legged stool. We wanted God to be glorified, Dad to be honored, and lives to be changed. As I drove up to campus that morning, it was still dark and the lights of the chapel driveway seemed to say, "I am leading the way for you. Come do God's will and see Him work." Tears ran down my cheeks as I thanked my heavenly Father for my earthly father and the legacy he left.
The day began with a heart full of love and expectation.

No comments: