Friday, March 5, 2010

Tired Puppy

As I headed to Heather's house on Tuesday I kept saying to myself, "Brenda, you are a tired puppy." The Symposium was over, my trips to the airport were complete, and I was free to crash. The emotional, physical, and spiritual letdown was enormous. I felt like Elijah. I had just seen God work and enjoyed the power of the Holy Spirit, but I felt overwhelmed. I saw the mistakes, I felt my inadequacies, and I indeed felt afraid. I picked up my grandkids, delivered them to their activities, and by 5pm I was asleep on the couch. Heather woke me up to say she would put my dinner on the coffee table, but I better grab it before Buddy, the dog, got a sniff. I ate and immediately went back to sleep. Elijah got fed by the birds ---- I loved my own little chick, Heather, and her care for me. A friend emailed me and closed "Blessings and restoration, Brenda." What a wonderfully curative word --- restoration. Rest for my soul. Rest for my body. Rest from the attacks of the evil one who wanted to rob me of my joy. It was a battle, but I am seeing God's light. I am still a tired puppy, but I sense God's peace and healing. It is time to reassess and to make the next one better, but it will never be a time when gratitude and profound amazement aren't appropriate. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for DBU. Thank you for the opportunity to go in your name. Nourish the seeds that were planted and grow those students into mighty oak trees for your kingdom. Nurture your daughter and grow her in grace, as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh what a cute dog.
Judy