Saturday, February 27, 2010

Should old acquaintance be forgot?



Sometimes I miss people when I am sad. Sometimes I miss people when I am happy....this is one of those times.

For 8 months I have been working on the Fred Smith, Sr. Leadership Symposium at Dallas Baptist University. It seemed unreal at the beginning --- just an idea. Oftentimes, I would leave a campus meeting and marvel ---"this is really real --- this is really going to happen." The pieces came together so well.

Now, I am two days away and we are nearly there. This afternoon the speakers start arriving.

But, this morning in the quiet time I love so much I want to share the good news and I automatically think of two people: Dad and Dave Nelson. But neither has an earthly address. Dad went to heaven in 2007 and Dave in May of 2009. Both understood the "Chatty Cathy" side of my personality when I am excited and bubbling over with my stories. Both knew when and how to respond ----I miss them both.

Dave was like a younger brother who encouraged, cheered, and supported me in my business pursuits. He always knew I could do it. Even though 15 years younger, he had great wisdom. I wish he were here for his beautiful wife and 3 children. I wish he were here to share their stories and excited tales of success.

"Rejoice with those who rejoice." Sometimes that is much harder than the "Weep with those who weep" part of the verse. I am thankful for parents, friends, and family who love me in manic mode!

No comments: