Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wash My Feet, Too!

Who is that lady with Jesus and Peter? Why, that's my friend Candy (oops, she is now Carole!) She is in Dallas for awhile looking for the leading of the Lord. That may sound a bit over-spiritual, but that is exactly what she is doing.
She hopped around with me on my Ministry Wednesday and one stop was Dallas Theological Seminary.
We moved to the center of the campus and stood by the Preach The Word admonition firmly planted in the ground....then we stepped over to the emotional statue seen here. As she embraced Peter, it seemed shocking at first. But then, in looking at the pic, I realize Peter looks like he is gaining strength from her caress.
I seem to hear "Jesus loves you, this I know....."playing all around. Doesn't it make you want to put your feet into the bowl and beg, "Me, too, Jesus.....me, too. Wash my feet, please, and make me ready for your service."
What more perfect place for Candy to declare her commitment to Him?
My feet so often feel soiled by the world's dust ---- how desperately I need the Master's touch.

1 comment:

Carole McConnell said...

From the anointing to the washing, what a great day! Thank you.

Candy