Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bonnie Blesses the Baldwin




One of my favorite corners in the house is dedicated to my piano. Today, Bonnie Robinson visited with her daughter, Vicki Hitzges. I wouldn't let her go back to Dallas until she sat down and played. Psalm 33: 3 says, "Play skillfully with a shout of joy." That is Bonnie! Her hands, her heart, and her head all meld together in worshipful praise. As she played, I thought of my friend Vicki and how she loves to hear her Mom play, but doesn't get the opportunity with the thousands of miles between their homes.


It was one of those sacred moments you just enjoy.


Bonnie's husband, Haddon Robinson, is one of the finest speakers in the English-speaking world, according to many. Years ago in a sermon, he discussed the "quiet and gentle spirit." "If you could have one picture of this, it would be my wife, Bonnie." High praise, and well-deserved. She was an example to many of us who were relative newly-weds and not so "quiet and gentle."


"Lord, make this home a sanctuary. Fill it with your people, your love, and your music."

No comments: