Saturday, August 1, 2009

Precious Cargo




"I love you, Gram," shouted 11 year old Andrew. "You already told her that," his 8 year old sister Bree Anna pointed out. But you know what ----- there are never enough times to hear that. It won't be long before it is definitely not cool to say that to an "elderly" Gram.


As Heather, Andrew, and Bree Anna drove out the drive, I was so thankful for the precious cargo riding in the convertible.


My Mom used to stand in the driveway waving long after we drove away (I suspect) when we lived in different towns. My runaway summer reminds me of those goodbyes. But, many times we loaded our family into a station wagon and drove thousands of miles from Grandmother and Grandfather. Thankfully, I am just two hours from this branch of the family.


However, I thought about my other precious ones in North Carolina and Tennessee,wishing mightily to see them in the piney woods.


Won't it be fun to see Jesus waiting for us? It will be good to welcome the day with no goodbyes. Until then, we smile, we hug, and look forward to the next time together.

1 comment:

Jeff H. said...

The Tennessee part of your family looks forward to our next visit to the piney woods!