Monday, August 17, 2009

Just The Best

Chairs circled on the back deck speak happiness to me. It is a picture of gathering, laughter, and stories. It reminds me of family and friends.

Today is a special day ---- my sister and my daughter both share this as their birthday. I can tell you when Mary Helen was 19, she didn't think much about giving up her celebration to traipse over to Indianapolis for the birth of grandchild #1 for both the Smith and Horch families.

Now, they love sharing the day together.

We also remember Dad on this day, for he stepped from here to hereafter at 9:15AM, August 17, 2007. He finished well ----- he was well done by the time his heart stopped beating.

Each year I begin a birthday for my kids with a happy birthday call. AND I SING! This year, I called Heather and the phone kept breaking up. She emailed to say, "All I could hear was happy.....happy.....happy. I thought you were forgetting the birthday part."

It won't be long until friends or family sit in the chairs, propping their feet up on these wonderful pine benches. It will be a reminder that someday we will be gathered in heaven, telling stories of God's faithfulness, and singing songs of thanksgiving.

No comments: