Friday, November 19, 2010

These Feet Were Made For Walking

Jack Horch and I are good buddies this week in Clinton, IA. His Dad (and my son) is candidating for an associate pastor's position. The whole family has traveled to the heartland (Mom Anne, Jack, and 5 week old brother Will). I am here to be Jack's playmate for the week. What fun! He is 18 months old and absolutely full of amazement in all life experiences.
Yesterday we took an afternoon walk so Mom Anne could rest a bit. With his hand in mind we headed out across the parking lot. The whole time he talked and talked and talked.....in Jack talk. He was so animated and brought such delight to all who heard.
It made me think about the old Maranatha praise song expressing the hope that God is pleased with all He hears from us. Oh, that my words, my thoughts, and my actions would bring such pleasure to my God as Jack's words do to me.
Scripture talks a lot about walking.....Jack teaches me the practical lessons.

No comments: