Friday, November 19, 2010

Feed My Sheep

While driving through Ontario, Canada, this summer I visited a yarn shop. The proprietress had a row of little sheep created with hand-woven wool and knitted features. This little one begged me to take him along on the road trip.....its colors matched, and its little eyes spoke wordless volumes.
I have never hung fuzzy dice from my mirror --- I don't even put stickers on my bumper, but this little one just had to ride along! He is now a permanent feature on my dashboard (nicely matching the Texas inspection sticker).
The original intent was to remind me that as God's lamb "I am His and He is mine." But friend Bob Cavinder expanded the message. "Brenda, as you travel your job is to feed His sheep. Don't ever forget that."
So, as I go, I try to get my heart into help mode and look the little sheep straight in the eye asking "Okay, what is our job today? Who are we to encourage? Where are we to say a word for Jesus?"
Joy for the journey in the face of a Canadian sheep.

No comments: