Sunday, April 4, 2010

Acts of Service


Dr. Gary Chapman wrote a book about Love Languages. He identifies 5: 1) time,2) affirmative words, 3) acts of service, 4) gifts, and 5) physical touch.
Years ago I recognized my number one language is "acts of service." Help me clean up my house, my car, my office ----even the dishes and I feel the hand of God.
After a really bad week, my sister Mary Helen, and her husband Smith came to my house....ostensibly to get away and have a quiet weekend. BUT NO! They were here to love me --- and love me in the most wonderful way. Mary Helen planted flowers for my front porch, then they cut down dead bushes, raked leaves, and swept off the porches. I am still tearful when I think of the great love they showed me.
It is Easter Day and a day to recognize the Christ who loved us while we were yet in sin.
Mary Helen and Smith loved me while I was still a basket case recovering from a broken heart.
"They will know you are my disciples by your love one for another."
The joy of the Lord is my strength, and the love of my family is my ever strong fortress.

No comments: