Friday, October 1, 2010

Sister Miles


When Mary Helen and I shared the same room at 8525 Given Road, Indian Hill, Ohio we fought constantly. The five years of difference (she is definitely the younger one) rubbed us raw. "I can't wait 'til you leave for college and this room is all mine!" I heard that often during my senior year. Now, I am in my senior years and we happily share miles of travel together - thanks to the generosity of her dear husband who gave her up for a week.
As you can see, our first stop was Nashville. All roads used to lead to Rome, but now they lead to middle Tennessee and Jack Horch.
How I love this little boy. Being a Gram to all my grandkids is probably one of God's richest blessings in my life. "He puts the lonely in families" says the Psalmist. When I hit lonely moments I think about these wonderful 6 grandchildren (soon to be 7) and praise God for His mighty gifts.
Mary Helen is the perfect traveling companion ---- we love the same food, have bladders the same size, and love to fall asleep with the TV tuned to HGTV. What more could I ask?
We talk about whatever is on our mind and what is in our heart.....doesn't get much better. It is so nice to be known by someone so deeply.

No comments: